Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hola


Welcome to my Blog! My name is Karime Gonzalez and I grew up in Laredo,Texas which is only two hours away from San Antonio. I was born in San Luis Potosi, Mexico and I am an only child. My mother is my best friend and I admire her greatly for being such an amazing person. I am currently a first year student at Trinity University planning to major in Business Administration/Management and Spanish. I also want to get a minor in Entrepreneurship. My interests include traveling, baking, dancing, figure skating, basketball, watching movies, and volunteering. I also have a collection of over 1,000 pencils. In high school I played basketball, volleyball, did track and field, danced flamenco, and volunteered over 1,000 hours. During my first semester at Trinity, I only got involved in a volunteering opportunity at San Anto Cultural Arts, but I plan to become more involved this semester.

My sophomore year in high school I took a computer class, but I forgot a lot of the material that we covered. I do not have a lot of knowledge on how to use programs such as Excel and Photoshop, so I am really looking forward to learning as much as I can this semester.

My mom and I when I arrived home from receiving the Gates Millenium Scholarship in Los Angeles,CA.
You can email me at kgarcia1@trinity.edu

7 comments:

  1. I think it's really awesome that you were born in Mexico! My roommate last year is from Puerto Vallarta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of pencils! :) What made you start that collection?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of pencils do you collect?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started when I was small since I would always get pencils from everywhere I traveled. The collection just got bigger with time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture! I also really like the background of your blog - is that a sunset behind the grass?

    ReplyDelete
  6. San Anto? With the murals? Great group - I have friends at Inner City.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Claire, yes it is :)
    Yes, I worked with the murals and I had a lot of fun. I even helped restore the mural Peace and Remembrance

    ReplyDelete