Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chris Nolan's Presentation on Searching the Internet


For today’s class, Chris Nolan who is the Assistant University Librarian came to talk to our class about searching the internet. It was interesting to learn that all of my classmates use Google as their main search engine and about 2/3 of users in the United States use google as well. I was glad to learn about the advance
search in google because I had never used it before. What I found to be really useful is the ability to find .gov or .edu sites only by typing this under “Search within a site or domain”. I had also never used Google Scholar, but I don’t think I will start to do so because we learned that it is similar to a database search but a lot of the articles don’t provide the full text for free unlike in our schoool’s library website.

No comments:

Post a Comment